Following on from yesterday, watch this Find Your Great Work Movie – by Michael Bungay Stanier. Michael challenges us with five ways to find our great work:
- Things only get really interesting when you take full responsibility for the choices you make.
- Changing your focus changes what is possible.
- You must make the full choice – what to say “yes” to, and what to say “no” to.
- If everyone’s happy then you are not doing great work.
- If you’re doing it yourself, you are not doing great work – will you open the door to others?
Great work will make a difference to others. Sometimes we can be so wrapped up in what we want to do, we forget about our impact on others. Being empathic takes you out of the zone of self-fulfilment to ‘other centred’-fulfilment. As teachers, we need to look at our students to see that they are truly learning, before we accept any praise for ourselves. Unless they are truly learning, we are not truly teachers. Are we?
Just a thought to ponder online, as you prepare for the variety of students in your class this year!